Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A little bit about me

It seems to me that a lot of people are really concerned with what they think they should be, what they're destined to be, and how much they know about themselves right now.

Well that's not me. 

This may, to some, seem deplorable, but to me, the fact that I don't know a lot about myself, well I find it quite electrifying. Instead of going out of my way to seek myself, I let life tell me who I am; the surprises life gives me is much more thrilling than going on a scavenger hunt. A treasure is better found when stumbled upon, to me. 

However, for being 18, I feel as though life has handed me quite a few surprises already.  

Characteristic #1: I have a soft side. I know that I'm caring, loving, and helpful because of a medical mission trip life sent me on back in 2012. I traveled to multiple villages in Cambodia and Vietnam to give the villagers the opportunity of visiting a doctor, dentist, and gynecologist, and then receiving medication by the pharmacists. Although I didn't have any type of medical degree, I assisted in packing the medicine and distributing them to the people in need. I loved it, despite the smells, lack of toilets, extreme humidity, and extreme poverty. All of that didn't matter because my heart was filled with care and love for these people.

Characteristic #2: I have a tough side. According to Adler's Framework, the first born "would be most likely to take on a leadership position, like it when people stick to rules and orders, and strive toward achievement goals." I'm a first born, and I'm a hell of a lot like this. Enough said.

Characteristic #3: I have allergies. When I was young, my dad brought home two bunnies for me and my brother as pets. We had them for just a couple hours before my eyes started to itch and swell, and my face got puffy, and soon enough I had trouble breathing. Turns out, I'm deathly allergic to one of the world's cutest animals. This was one of the less enjoyable surprises life has thrown at me. Oh well, this allergy did get me seat in first class because someone brought a bunny on the plane in coach (who does that????).

Obviously there is more about myself I could sit and blabber on about, but ultimately these characteristics are just about the surface of me.

Oh, and lastly, I love writing and public speaking.

The end. For now.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the glimpse into your life! :)I think you are very fortunate to have experienced such a wonderful humanitarian trip. Maybe it will work its way into one of our class discussions at some point this semester.

    Oh! And I will try to make sure that I brush off all of my bunny's fur before going to class. :)

    Best,
    Prof. Brooks

    ReplyDelete